AR and marketing have become increasingly intertwined in recent years as businesses discover how augmented reality can enhance their marketing efforts and boost sales. Advanced technology is becoming more sophisticated than ever, and so are the customers. That’s why engaging your consumers is not enough – you must focus on surpassing their expectations.
One of the best technologies that can help you surpass customer expectations and make online shopping fun is augmented reality. Brands that incorporate augmented reality technology into their marketing strategies get a chance to tap into a broader customer base. It helps them drive sales and boost customer loyalty. In this AR and marketing guide, we will help you understand how AR can improve marketing and sales.
Role Of AR And VR In Retail Advertising
The augmented reality market is predicted to reach $198 billion by the end of 2025. The reason behind the popularity of AR in marketing strategy is that it can create an immersive, engaging, and interactive user experience. In addition, by using augmented and virtual reality, consumers can connect closely and personally with your product or service. Here are a few main roles of using augmented and virtual reality in marketing.
- AR and marketing combination helps improve brand awareness and transform how businesses sell products online.
- As AR allows customers to see how a product looks on them, it reduces expensive product returns and improves revenue generation.
- Augmented reality campaigns are the best way to connect with customers and make them aware of your products/services in an exciting way.
Top beauty and fashion businesses like IKEA, Sephora, and Nike are using AR and marketing tactics to improve sales. However, it is important to integrate a feature-rich AR tool into your business to grow sales. If you plan to invest in AR in 2023, schedule a free demo with SelfStylo AR experts. The advanced virtual try-on tool has a clean UI interface and social media integration feature in addition to other abilities. Integrating such an AR tool helps your business stand ahead in the retail industry.
How To Use Augmented Reality In Marketing?
Today’s digital market is driven by the needs and desires of customers. With evolving customer expectations, it’s important for brands to keep pace with these trends and changes. Here are a few ways to incorporate AR into the marketing strategy.
Augment Assistance & Touring
AR works by superimposing digital components on top of physical locations and products, allowing customers to view 3D images in the virtual world. Consumers can scan any object or product to get additional information and insights.
- StubHub, the ticket sales company, created an AR app to allow users to view 3D images of the stadium. Using AR, viewers could visualize the look of the field from different seats during the Super Bowl.
- Starbucks is using AR technology to digitize user experience. Users can scan objects in one of their coffee shops and access virtual tours. The interactive and immersive experience offered to the customers builds brand loyalty and improves the overall experience.
- Hyundai and Mercedes, the two leading companies in the auto industry, are utilizing AR assistance. Hyundai created an augmented manual to assist drivers, while Mercedes rolled out the “Ask Mercedes” feature. The AI assistant with an augmented reality interface cleared the queries of customers.
Try Before You Buy Feature
Potential customers always want to try on makeup, garments, or shoes before they buy them. Virtual fitting rooms, AR try-on tools, and automobile test drivers are a few ways brands incorporate the “try before you buy” feature. In addition, the 3D modeling lets customers visualize the product on them before they finally hit the purchase button.
- Virtual dressing rooms in eCommerce stores overlay clothing on the user’s body. Customers can check how a product would look on them using their smartphone’s camera without physically trying any garment,
- Many cosmetic and beauty brands help users try makeup products in the virtual space. The facial recognition technology of virtual try-on apps scans the user’s face and identifies eyes, lips, nose, etc. Then, customers can browse through the brand’s entire catalog, try products, and judge how a makeup shade would look on them.
Social Media AR Filters
Social media AR filters are the most effective ways to connect with customers and grow sales. Brands can create customized augmented reality filters to help social media users visualize the product. Customers can use the filter to view how different products look on them.
- Fashion brands like Gucci are using augmented reality filters to drive brand awareness and online sales. Advanced features help users discover new products in an interactive environment.
- When users interact with AR filters, they are likely to share their AR experiences on social media platforms. This, in turn, helps brands leverage the benefits of user-generated content.
Future Of Marketing And Sales With AR Apps
Augmented reality stands as one of the driving forces behind sales and marketing. Businesses taking advantage of AR can upgrade customer experience and boost business opportunities.
One of the widely used AR tools, SelfStylo, is helping fashion brands streamline the customer experience and reinvent online shopping.
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with SelfStylo experts to utilize the power of AR and marketing in 2023.